Getting rid of that belly fat is not an easy business. Your belly fat will go in tandem with the rest of your body weight but sometimes can be the last to leave you. But don’t lose hope yet. Try out these simple ways to achieve a flat abdomen:
- Eat right- Keep those processed and instant foods at bay. They are the main cause of bloating and a huge tummy. Consume a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to shed some unwanted pounds off your tummy. Eat small and frequent meals and watch your portion sizes. Chew well and slowly. This can help prevent air from entering your stomach and causing that little bump.
- Stay hydrated- Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water every day to hydrate yourself as well as get rid of unwanted toxins. Consuming a good amount of fluids can prevent bloating.
- Cleanse your system regularly- Make it a habit to drink a glass of warm water the first thing in the morning. This can help you defecate every day and prevent the accumulation of unwanted waste in the body that can cause weight gain, especially in the middle of your body.
- Trust the probiotics- They can be an amazing support to your digestive health and can ensure that your food is well digested and prevent any gastrointestinal issues. Include yogurt or buttermilk in your diet or take probiotic supplements.
- Eat negative calorie foods- Fruits and vegetables like watermelon, tomato, cucumber, apple, coffee, grapefruit, fish, broccoli, etc need more energy to digest them than the calories they actually contain. So eating these foods can cause a deficit in calories and help you lose overall weight including belly fat.
- Unwind- When you are worried, it can cause the production of stress hormones that can, in turn, lead to bloating, constipation and weight gain. Stress can also induce cortisol production that ends up adding a fatty layer to your liver. Thus, make sure to unwind yourself and manage stress to protect your waistline.
- Cut down sugary foods- Eat the fruit instead of having the juice of it. Juices and other sweet beverages contain a lot of calories and avoiding them can help lose weight and prevent belly fat.
- Up your Vitamin C intake- This can help reduce stress and other health issues. The vitamin also aids digestion and maintains blood pressure. Grab at least one orange, lemon, kiwi or grapefruit every day.